BUZZ AROUND TOWN
FIRST CHRISTMAS IN PARADISE
- Aloha Joe it is almost Christmas!!
- Did you know that the first recorded Christmas in Hawaii was in 1786, when the captain, George Dixon, of merchant ship Queen Charlotte, was docked on the Hawaiian island of Kauai?
- Dixon and his crew were celebrating a large Christmas dinner that night which included a whole roasted pig! It is the first documented Christmas celebration in the islands.
- However, long before the Hawaiians celebrated the Christmas people know today, they had a festival named Makahiki which lasted around four months and in which all wars were forbidden.
- The Makahiki season still had the essence of “peace and goodwill to all men”, which is a tradition people tend to associate with Christmas today.
- WOW! Sounds like Hawaii was always a great place to spend Christmas! Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas in Hawaiian) to all!
- Plan to have a wonderful Christmas in paradise next year. It will be the greatest gift you could give your family!
2013 NFL PRO BOWL
- Aloha Joe remember last week when I talked about the great flight deals from the Mainland to Hawaii? Well its time for your listeners to start booking their tickets because the NFL is coming to town!
- The 2013 Pro Bowl will be played at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii and televised live on Sunday, January 27!
- The event will again serve as the signature event to kick off the week leading up to the Super Bowl!
- Events prior to the game include an autograph session, family day, cheerleader appearances and a tailgate party!
- The preliminary Pro Bowl players that have been mentioned to attend are Drew Brees, Payton Manning, Aaron Rodgers and more!
- It is sure to be a star-studded event with tons of action and great football fun! We will keep you updated as we get closer to the event.
- Hurry and get on those airfare deals today and book your ticket to the Pro Bowl in Hawaii! You won’t regret it!
NIGHT IN CHINATOWN FESTIVAL AND PARADE
- Aloha Joe the New Year is fast approaching and January is looking like a stellar month. But New Year’s in February sounds awesome as well!
- The Night In Chinatown Festival & Parade started in the 1970′s to celebrate the Chinese New Year. Recently, the event is a celebration of the Asian Lunar New Year, as reflected by the diverse ethnic business owners in Chinatown.
- A one-day, multi-block street festival in the heart of Chinatown, featuring live entertainment, foods and crafts, including street and stage performance by Chinese lions and dragons makes this event a must on your bucket list!
- The celebration includes a parade starting at 3:30 pm on Hotel Street. Seating is free, but come early to save your spot!
- Everyone who is anyone will revel in the beautiful displays of color and fireworks and be dazzled by the great acrobatic demonstrations! It is definitely an amazing sight to see.
- In 2008, this parade was rated by CNN as one of the top 5 in the world!
- Hurry and book your ticket to Hawaii so you can get in on all the action! You won’t regret it!
MUSIC, CONCERTS, ETC.
MANZAREK-ROGERS BAND HAWAII TOUR
- Aloha Joe I told you that 2013 was going to be a spectacular year in music!
- Lazar Bear productions is proud to announce that Legendary Doors keyboardist Ray Manzarek and Slide Blues Guitar Wiz Roy Rogers will be touring Hawaii as The Manzarek-Rogers Band in February 2013!
- The play dates are Feb. 6 KCC Theater – Lihue, Feb. 7 Irish Rose Saloon – Honolulu, Feb. 8 – Iao Theatre – Wailuku, Feb. 9 The Palace Theatre – Hilo.
- Ray Manzarek and Roy Rogers have formed a new four piece ensemble and recorded a hard driving blues/rock project that is a stirring and masterful collaboration. The iconic co-founder of The Doors and the master slide guitarist/producer are seemingly an odd pairing – but their new recording unleashes a stunning musical recording.
- Tickets range from $35 to $55 and are available at www.lazarbearproductions.com.
- Sounds awesome!
RESTAURANTS REVIEWS – FOOD, DINNING, CUISINE, DRINKS ETC.
ALOHA BEER COMPANY
- Aloha Joe everyone loves getting in the spirit for the holidays and I mean all the spirits!
- Take for instance Aloha Beer Company which embodies the classic Hawaiian lifestyle. With the generous spirit of Aloha as a namesake, this is a premium beer that combines the smooth balance of ohana with the refreshing, hang-loose attitude of a Sunday barbecue.
- Every bottle of ‘Hawaii’s Beer’ is a heartfelt ‘wish you were here’ message from the Islands of Aloha. They state that they can’t create a Hawaiian sunrise, but they can brew the next best thing.
- Aloha Beer Company proudly serves 5 distinct styles of craft beers and introduces limited, seasonal brews throughout the year. Brewed in their Honolulu factory, their beer starts with pure Hawaiian water for a true taste of the islands.
- Their different styles of beer appeal to all types of beer connoisseurs, whether you prefer a light crisp drink at the end of the day or an explosive burst of hops and flavors to knock you off your feet. If you are undecided, they highly recommend that you try their Aloha Beer Sampler and guarantee that you will find the perfect taste.
- For guests ready to dive deeper and explore their beer making secrets, a tour of the Aloha Beer Company Brewery is offered.
- Aloha Beer is located on 580 N. Nimitz Highway in Honolulu. For more information visit alohabeer.com.
- Sounds fantastic! Be sure to check out the new Aloha Beer in Honolulu the next time you visit Oahu!
OBRHI FACEBOOK PAGE
- Aloha Joe if your listeners love being the first to know on all the wonderful events and concerts we talk about here, or if they want to see photos of what its like to live in paradise than long onto our facebook page and hit the like button!
- We feature photos of our luxurious properties, let our followers know about specials and talk about all the wonderful things they can discover in Hawaii!
- Hurry and become a facebook fan of OBRHI today and see what you’ve been missing!
DISTINCTIVE HOMES HAWAII
- And don’t forget to visit DHHRE.COM and check out our listing of some of the most fabulous homes on some of the most amazing property on the islands.
- The firm specializes in all types of luxury Hawaii real estate, from single-family residences to condos, townhomes and estate homes. We also represent the finest vacation rentals on the island. Whether you are searching for North Shore real estate or wish to list your property on the Waikiki real estate market, count on a firm that approaches every transaction with professionalism, integrity and discretion.
- There’s no better time than right now to make your dreams of living in Hawaii a reality.
- Log onto DHHRE.com today!