BUZZ AROUND TOWN
THE HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS
- Aloha Joe, basketball fever is in full effect as the season rages on and in Hawaii we can’t get enough of it!
- This weekend on Saturday, May 12, 2012 beginning at 2:00 PM at the Neal Blaisdell Arena the legendary Harlem Globetrotters will perform live!
- The most famous basketball team in the world, the Harlem Globe Trotters will give the audience an experience of a lifetime with monstrous dunks, hysterical jokes, crazy antics and awesome basketball skills.
- For Hawaii basketball fanatics, The Harlem Globetrotters is here for them to be more fanatic. For non-fanatics, see them for yourself and it is guaranteed that you will become an instant fan!
- All ages are welcomed, and tickets range from $20 to $150.
- For more information on this event, performers or to learn more about upcoming shows at the Blaisdell Arena call 1-800-745-3000 or visit www.ticketmasters.com.
- Sounds like another amazing show to hit the islands! Hurry and book your ticket to Hawaii to spend an unforgettable weekend like this one in paradise for yourself!
6TH ANNUAL MAMO WEARABLE ARTS SHOW AT THE HISTORIC HAWAII THEATRE
- Aloha Joe as you know Hawaii is known for its Aloha Attire. Since we have a style and flare that is all our own our local designers love sharing their work to the rest of the fashion world.
- So on May 17, 2012 from 5:30pm – 10:00pm the most sought out fashion extravaganza featuring the latest creations by both Hawaii’s newest and local designers alike, will be held at the historical Hawaii Theatre on 1130 Bethel Street.
- The evening includes a silent auction, fashion show and unique trunk show in the outdoor courtyard adjacent to the theatre
- The 6th Annual MAMo Wearable Arts Show is known for showcasing the brightest talent each year and this year will be no different. The designers who were handpicked to share their latest designs include (in alphabetical order) Maile Andrade, Manuhealiʻi, Marques Marzan, Keone Nunes, Nita Pilago, Harinani Orme, and Baba Yap.
- All designers and silent auction artists are all of Native Hawaiian ancestry. A special appearance and lua (ancient Hawaiian martial art form) demonstration will also be made by Pa Ku’i A Lua.
- For further information on the event call 808.237.4555 or go to www.paifoundation.org.
- Hawaii has been known to produce the latest fashion trends for surfers, skaters, jetsetters and the like! Hurry and book your ticket to Hawaii and catch the fashion wave with the rest of the islanders today!
FOOD, DINNING, RESTAURANTS ETC.
HAWAII WINE & FOOD PRESENTS GRAND TASTING, BEACHSIDE BARBEQUE & FASHION FUSION
- And since we are on the subject of fashion why don’t we throw in a little fine cuisine to the mix as well?
- On May 18, 2012 from 6:00pm – 10:00pm at Paradise Cove in Kapolei the Hawaii Wine and Food presents their Grand Tasting and Beachside Barbeque and Fashion Fushion!
- Featuring Candice Kumai, the Stiletto Chef from New York and local chefs, from Tiki’s Bar & Grill, JJ Bistro & French Pastry, 12th Avenue Grill & Salt, Roy’s Ko Olina, JW Marriott Ihilani Resort and Spa and The Plaza Club it is sure to be a celebration of great wines, food and fashion!
- Guest are invited to chat one on one with winemakers and enjoy fantastic Wines & Spirits by: Reynolds Family Winery , Peju , Talbott Vineyards, Jarvis, Thomas Knoll, Simi , Waialua Soda Works , Hawaii Nui Brewing, Infinium Spirits and Pau Maui Vodka!
- The fashion show will be presented by local designer Valerie Joseph and the entertainment is provided by Sunway.
- Tickets for the evening are $100 per person. For ore information visit http://hawaiiwineandfood.com.
- Hawaii is full of fashion, food and fun! Hurry and become a part of it by booking your ticket to paradise today!
I LOVE CHINATOWN JUNETEENTH CULTURAL CELEBRATION
- Aloha Joe last week we talked a little about how everyone is in the “I Love Kailua” mode so this week I thought I would tell you about another little town that we absolutely adore and the kick off festival you don’t want to miss!
- The I Love Chinatown Festival Series Summer Kick Off event will be The Juneteenth Cultural Celebration Block Party held on Fri, June 15th, 2012, from 6pm-2am, on Nuuanu Ave, between Hotel St.& King St. in Downtown Chinatown, Honolulu HI!
- In calibration w/ Hank’s Café Honolulu & The Dragon Upstairs, Rotary Club Of Honolulu Pau Hana chapter, NAACP, and neighboring local businesses, The I Love Chinatown Festival Series honors the Juneteenth Cultural Celebration as its 1st block party of the summer.
- The 1st Juneteenth Block Party event will be especially tailored to commuters! There will be a vehicle & bicycle valet parking available, starting at 5:30pm.
- Free to all ages w/cultural performers, hula, music, local comedy, poetry, arts & crafts, and ethnic food & drinks booths to satisfy everyone’s cravings.
- All ages are welcomed and 21 & up are invited to the after party from 10pm to 2am.
- Sounds like another amazing town on Oahu with unforgettable festivals to enjoy! I think it’s easy for everyone to say “I Love Hawaii!”