BUZZ AROUND TOWN
HAWAII FIVE-0 SEASON 3 PREMIERE AT SUNSET ON THE BEACH
- Aloha Joe their back!
- YOUR FAVORITE HEROES FROM HAWAII FIVE-0 ARE RETURNING TO WORLD-FAMOUS WAIKIKI BEACH FOR A SPECIAL PREMIERE IN PARADISE AT THE SUNSET ON THE BEACH FESTIVAL, THIS SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23.
- FANS CAN GET AN EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK AT HAWAII FIVE-0 SEASON 3, THE MOST ANTICIPATED PRIMETIME HOUR OF DRAMA, WITH EXECUTIVE PRODUCER, PETER LENKOV AND HIS ALL-STAR CAST ALEX O’LOUGHLIN, SCOTT CAAN, DANIEL DAE KIM, GRACE PARK, MASI OKA, MICHELLE BORTH, TAYLOR WILEY, TEILOR GRUBBS, AND MANY MORE FROM THE SHOW!
- THE HAWAII FIVE-0 STARS WILL HIT A SIZZLING AND SANDY RED CARPET AT THE SUNSET ON THE BEACH FESTIVAL WHERE THE SEASON PREMIERE WILL BE SHOWN ON A LARGE MOVIE SCREEN RIGHT ON THE BEACH IN WAIKIKI FOR EVERYONE TO SEE DURING SUNSET!
- ALL OF OAHU IS SO EXCITED TO BE A PART OF IT!
- Hawaii Five-0 can be seen on CBS Monday nights at 10/9 central.
- WOW! Sounds like a fabulous time straight out of Hollywood! Hurry and book your ticket to paradise today and watch Hawaii Five-0 every Monday so you can see where your next dreams vacation should be!
CLEAN ENERGY FAIR
- You know Aloha Joe for us who live here we sure count ourselves lucky and appreciate everything Hawaii has to offer.
- So in recognition of that Hawaiian Electric Company would like to kick off Energy Awareness month with their 2012 Clean Energy Fair that celebrates the efforts and accomplishments by many organizations across the state to pursue a sustainable, clean energy future for Hawaii!
- This free family, fun event will take place on September 29 from 10am to 3pm at the Pearlridge Center, Uptown Center Court.
- Featuring Na Hoku Hanohano award winning group Na Palapalai; solo artist Mailani; a special performance by the 2012 Brown Bags to Stardom winner DivOcean; tons of energy-related booths, games and prizes; an electric vehicle display; a Hawaiian Electric job booth; and so much more!
- It is sure to be an amazing event for everyone in the family to enjoy and learn about sustaining clean energy to keep Hawaii green!
- What an awesome family event in paradise! Keeping Hawaii beautiful is definitely very important to everyone who loves paradise.
MOLOKAI HOE CANOE RACE – FINISH
- Speaking of beautiful, boy I do have an amazing event for you and your listeners to enjoy!
- On October 7 a 41-mile Outrigger Canoe race from Molokai to Oahu across the Kaiwi Channel, called the Molokai Hoe will take place.
- It is considered the world championship of men’s long-distance outrigger canoe racing and the grand finale to the men’s regatta season.
- The race begins at 7:00 am at Hale O Lono Harbor on the beautiful island of Molokai and finishes at Duke Kahanamoku Beach in Waikiki on Oahu!
- Hundreds of canoes clubs from around the world who have qualified will cross the treacherous channel, that is known not only as one of the most challenging waterways but also one of the most beautiful.
- The Australians, New Zealanders and Hawaiians are always the top rivals and we hope that this year we can bring home the gold once again!
- What an amazing adventure for paddlers around the world to participate in and an awesome sight for spectators to enjoy! Hurry and book your ticket to paradise and see what you’ve been missing!
FOOD, DINNING, DRINKING, CUISINE ETC.
WANG CHANG’S KARAOKE BAR
- Aloha Joe isn’t it great when you find a fun new nightlife hot spot?
- Well Wang Chung’s is easy to miss — it’s hidden, in an alleyway off a side street behind the Hyatt Regency Waikiki, but once you find it, boy you’ll be glad you did! This cozy little karaoke bar is one of the best kept secrets in Waikiki, with entertaining performers and enticing refreshments all night long!
- For instance, Wang Chung’s makes its own lychee-infused vodka for the Lychee-co-tini ($8), which is mixed with Absolut Pear vodka and Calpico — topped off with two lychees on a stick, of course.
- The “To Die For Key Lime Pie” ($9) is a luscious concoction of Malibu rum, vanilla vodka, fresh pineapple juice, fresh lime juice, simple syrup and a cream top sprinkled with crushed Nilla wafers! HMMMM!
- Karaoke is free during happy hour, and just $1 a song during regular hours. After 8 p.m. expect it to be standing room only.
- The service is top-rate and professional. This isn’t the kind of place where they just bang out the booze and collect your tips, here the bartenders know your name and drink, and fix it just the way you want it.
- The bar is named after the ’80s band and has a fun, Japanese pop-art vibe.
- Next time you visit Hawaii be sure to check it out! You won’t regret it!
- Sounds like another fantastic venue in Waikiki! Be sure to book your ticket to Oahu so you can go to Wang Chang’s to drink and sing the night away in paradise!
DIAMOND HEAD BEACH HOTEL TRIP ADVISOR AWARD
- Aloha Joe your favorite hotel has been awarded!
- TripAdvisor is proud to congratulate Diamond Head Beach Hotel on earning the prestigious 2012 Certificate of Excellence award.
- Trip Advisor travelers consistently commend our property with the highest praise!
- Only the very best in the business are awarded a Certificate of Excellence from trip Advisor! And at Diamond Head Beach Hotel we offer nothing but the very best for our guests!