July 29, 2010
INTRO AND WEATHER
- Trade winds through the weekend will be in the 15-18 mph range from the North East.
- We can expect WARM weather with partly cloudy skies on Saturday and then clearing up nicely for the rest of the weekend.
- Temperatures in the higher 80’s during the day, dropping to mid 70’s at night.
- Small swells expected for South and East facing Shores in the 1-3 ft. range on the south side and 2-4 on the east. The little bump in the swell has all the surfers excited!
- Comfortable water temperature of 78 degrees.
- Hope all of you got a chance to catch the 30th annual Tin-Man Triathlon that happened this past Sunday on our Ohana Beach Rental’s webcam.
- It was an amazing world-class event and all the best athletes came out to compete including our own Kristin Counter who swam in the swimming portion of the race, a total of 800 meters.
- The weather was perfect with sunshine and clear skies!
- Our Webcam was able to get most of the action live in pristine video format.
- Really a nice treat for visitors and residents alike who were competing or not.
FIRST FRIDAY ON AUGUST 6th
- I have to say it’s just been another amazing summer in Hawaii! The months are flying by so fast. I can’t believe it’s almost August!
- One of the perks about the beginning of a new month in Hawaii is of course First Fridays in Downtown China Town.
- It’s an amazing monthly gathering in the heart of Honolulu. Art galleries feature new art exhibits and artists.
- There are amazing street performers, live music, happy hour specials, body painting exhibits, comedy shows you name it.
- It’s basically a block party for the entire downtown area! The Mardi Gras of Honolulu only we do it monthly.
- If you’re ever in Hawaii on a first Friday you have to be sure you don’t miss it!
LAST FRIDAY – ART AFTER DARK
- But look I’m already getting ahead of myself thinking about next months party I forgot about the one just around the corner…
- There is actually a last Friday event every month as well, called Art After Dark at the Honolulu Academy of Arts.
- This Friday they will be featuring the “Plaza De Toros” an ode to Pamplona, Spain’s running of the bulls!
- There will be Spanish cuisine from top local chefs, live Spanish inspired music as well as the art galleries themselves for you to peruse at your own discretion.
- In Hawaii I guess you can say that we end things with a bang and we begin things a bang!
- Gotta love the good life in paradise!
- Did you know that Hawaii has the highest life expectancy in the United States?
- Life expectancy for males is 75 years , for females its 80.
- I guess happiness is key to longevity!
- Now quick everyone move to Hawaii! Ohana Beach Rentals Hawaii will take care of finding you a home.
- Or rent with us for a few weeks out of the year and your life expectancy will multiply by 2 weeks!
- What do you gotta loose right? It’s paradise! Just a little Hawaii Tidbit for ya!
MOVIE STAR SIGHTINGS
- Even Hollywood is finding their way out here to soak up the happiness fever!
- It’s been reported that Johnny Depp was seen at a local night-club on the Kuhio strip in Waikiki a couple weekends ago. He partied with old time friends and talked story with a few of the local residents.
- Geoffrey Rush, Academy Award actor and the famous Captain Barbosa on Pirates of the Carribbean, was nice enough to talk with one of our own employees, Amber Vega, outside of a live music venue on Lewers Street.
- Movie stars, famous directors and a backdrop of world renowned beaches… It’s just another day in Hawaii!
- We have so much going on for August it’s ridiculous! I’ve already told you about a few of our events…
- This weekend The 9th annual Heiva I Kauai Iaorana Tahiti Dance and Drum festival, is happening at Kapaa Beach Park.
- Following that from August 2nd to the 6th is the 51st annual Hawaiian International Billfish Tournament (HIBT) in Kona, Hawaii.
- Then we’ve got the 28th Annual Hawaii Slack Key Guitar Festival happening August 15, at Kapiolani Park, just seconds away from our luxury rental hotel, the Diamond Head Beach Hotel.
- Maui’s Cycle to the Sun from Sea Level To The Summit of Maui’s Haleakala Volcano: 36 miles, 10,000 Feet, is happening August 21st on the breathtaking Haleakala Volcano.
- Every island in Hawaii will have something to celebrate. August is going to be an awesome month!
Reminder – Ohana Beach Rentals Hawaii Contest
- So if you want to be a part of all this action you still have time to log onto our website and enter the Ohana Beach rentals Hawaii Contest!
- Send us your Story and Photos of Hawaii and Win $500 OFF your next stay with us + $100 Ruth’s Chris gift certificate
- Submit Entries to our Facebook page (Ohana Beach Rentals Hawaii) (currenly 4 entries)
- OR email entries to email@example.com
- You can get to our facebook page by logging on our website www.obrhi.com and clicking Summer Contest.
- It could be your ticket to Hawaii and any of these amazing events for August!