September 2, 2010
INTRO AND WEATHER
- Trade winds in the 21 mph range from the North East are expected.
- WARM weather with partly cloudy skies through Saturday.
- Temperatures will be in the higher 80’s during the day, dropping to mid 70’s at night.
- Surf will be picking up for the South and East facing shores again this weekend. The East shore will be topping the swell at 3-5ft. South shore will be measuring in at 2-4ft. Even the North and West shores will have a little bump at 1.5- 2ft.
- Can you believe that it is already September! Time flies but I guess what makes it easier is all of the events that happen at the beginning of each month. It’s Hawaii’s way of welcoming in a new season. And what better way to BRING IN SEPTEMBER THAN with First Fridays in Downtown, Chinatown!
- From 5 to 9pm Downtown, Honolulu turns into a mecca for artists to showcase their work in galleries, musicians and DJs to perform in clubs, comedians and poets to be heard in concert rooms and every eclectic form of art imaginable to be on display for the public to enjoy.
- One of China Town’s bars, Hotel Thirty-nine’s, main mixologist and bar manager, Christian Self, was recently awarded “The Maker of the World’s Best Mai Tai” — at the Big Island’s Royal Kona Resort.
- First Friday patrons that night will have the chance to stop in and taste for themselves the award winning Mai Tais!
- The block party is free to roam. Door charges vary at each venue but even if you never go into any of the historic brick buildings the streets and blocks themselves are full of performers, food, and entertainment.
- Drink specials go on all night long. The block party is scheduled to shut down at 9pm but the clubs, restaurants and bars go on into well after 2am.
- The crowd varies from the young artists to the old veterans and everyone in between.
- Every month brings the beginning of something amazing for Hawaii residents!
CECILIO AND KAPONO
- But wait it gets even better Aloha Joe! Whoever is a big Hawaii Music fan has got to know about the legendary Cecilio and Kapono. Well on September 3rd their legendary “C&K Back in the Day” 2-day concert event will begin at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel.
- C & K along with guest appearances by many of Hawaii’s premier entertainers will play classics from back in the day for their adoring fans.
- Both nights will culminate with an amazing fireworks display presented by the hotel and a portion of the proceeds will benefit Keiki O Ka Aina Family Learning Centers whose mission is to build strong communities by building strong families.
- Ticket prices start at $200 for super VIP and drop to $37 for reserved. Pre-show starts at 6:30pm and fireworks go off at 8:45pm.
- For those of you who don’t know, Cecilio and Kapono, a Hawaiian music duo, was formed in 1973, by Henry Kapono Ka’aihue and Cecilio David Rodriguez.
- They have released 14 albums to date.
- The distinctive sound of C & K has gained worldwide recognition and their talent is unsurpassed within the Hawaiian community. They are truly a gem of the islands.
LA PIETRA JAZZ FESTIVAl
- Ohana Beach rentals Hawaii has always supported music and musicians in the schools and communities of Oahu.
- On September 12 Ohana Beach Rentals Hawaii is proud to be a main sponsor at the La Pietra School for Girls annual Sunset Jazz festival.
- The event takes place on the beautiful campus grounds of the historic school building.
- Performances by Professor Pat Hennesey’s HPU Big Band, The Saloon Pilots, The Savoy Sisters with Elliott Maker on piano, DeShannon Higa, Hawaii’s premiere jazz trumpet player, The Hot Club of Hulaville and Jimmy Borges with Shari Lynn
backed by the Sunset Jazz All Stars.
- It’s an amazing event for the students and the guests and helps promote the importance of the arts within the community
- You know Aloha Joe, It’s hard not to appreciate art and culture in Hawaii with all its natural surrounding beauty.
- National Geographic Travel lists 2 out of the top 10 beaches in the WORLD in Hawaii alone!
- Lanikai Beach ranks as number 5 and Kauna’oa Bay, Hawaii ranks as number 10
- Other beaches on the list include the Hamptons and Tahiti but Hawaii is the ONLY one to have TWO beaches mentioned.
- it just goes to show how the islands of Hawaii are living natural art. Those who live here are extremely fortunate and those who visit are guaranteed to fall in love with it.
BRAND NEW STAMP TO FEATURE HAWAIIAN RAINFOREST
- Even the U.S. Postal Service is taking notice of Hawaii’s gorgeous surroundings!
- A stamp featuring some of Hawaii’s rare plants and animals was released this week.
- The “Nature of America: Hawaiian Rain Forest” stamp pane and stamped postal cards were unveiled and dedicated on Wednesday September 1, 2010 at 11 a.m. at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- This 2010 Nature of America collectable stamp pane is the 12th and final pane in an educational series focusing on major plant and animal communities in the United States, according to Postal Service officials.
- AND we got some great news for everyone looking for luxury rentals! Ohana Beach Rentals Hawaii has just signed up another two brand new Trump Waikiki units!
- Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk, is one of the first ultra-luxury Oahu hotels in Hawaii.
- This Hawaii 5 star hotel is part of the Waikiki Beach Walk development offering vibrant entertainment, exclusive boutiques and world-class restaurants.
- Soaring thirty-eight stories high, the Waikiki beach hotel features 462 luxury guest rooms and suites and boasts breathtaking views of the emerald waters of the Pacific Ocean beyond Fort De Russy Park, Diamond Head, and the Honolulu skyline.
- Hurry now and book with Ohana Beach Rentals Hawaii! Visit www.obrhi.com and view Trump Waikiki. You won’t regret it!
- But for now listeners can still log onto our LIVE HD HAWAII WEBCAM situated on our Diamond Head Beach hotel.
- You have 180-degree angles of the best surf spots on Oahu’s south shore to control as you wish.
- Log onto obrhi.com to see for yourself!
- It’s just another way to be one step closer to paradise!