BUZZ AROUND TOWN
NEW YEAR’S OHANA FESTIVAL
- Aloha Joe January 1 might have come and gone but in Hawaii we are still in the celebration mode!
- That’s why this weekend everyone is invited to ring in the New Year once again at the Japanese Cultural Center of Hawaii on January 13, from 9:00am – 5:00pm! The New Year’s Ohana Festival provides fun, food, and culture for the entire family to enjoy!
- The event is held for the community at the Japanese Cultural Center on Beretania Street and neighboring Moiiliili Field. It is a festival filled with Japanese and multi-cultural customs delivering all the traditional favorites, such as okonomiyaki and mochi pounding demonstrations, as well as the contemporary crowd pleasers like food trucks rallies, craft vendors and a special performance by Kikaida & Friends!
- Keiki can also enjoy games and make-and-take activities throughout the day and don’t forget about the ever-popular kimono dressing open to everyone ages three and older.
- Reservations for kimono dressing are strongly recommended. For more information on the festival call 808-945-7633. The New Year’s ‘Ohana Festival will be a great way for the community to come together and celebrate the Year of the Snake in 2013!!
- Sounds like another awesome family event in paradise! Hawaii really loves 2013!!
THE NEW SHANGHAI CIRCUS
- Aloha Joe we have some spectacular shows lined up for 2013!
- From January 18, 2013 to January 20 at the Hawaii Theatre on 1130 Bethel St. The Shanghai Circus will return to Honolulu with an all-new show, featuring breathtaking feats of strength, endurance, flexibility, balance, contortion, and magic!
- The entire family will enjoy this innovative and internationally renowned troupe of Chinese acrobats, aerialists, and athletes!!
- For more information on tickets and show times visit www.hawaiitheatre.com.
- Sounds incredible! Hurry and book your ticket to Hawaii today so you can get in on all the action of the Shanghai circus!
19TH ANNUAL HONOLULU FESTIVAL
- Aloha Joe if you or any of your listeners are planning a trip to paradise in 2013 this next event is especially for you!
- The annual Honolulu Festival from March 01, 2013 to March 03, 2013 at the Hawaii Convention Center will celebrate cultures from across the Pacific in ways that will mesmerize and capture the audiences’ hearts.
- This three-day celebration of art, music, dance, and crafts is filled with spectacular sights and sounds, including aboriginal dance performances, cultural demonstrations and a vibrant parade through Waikiki.
- The sub theme for this year’s 19th Annual Honolulu Festival, is “Transforming the world; Connect! Discover! Let each experience fascinate you!”
- The Honolulu Festival is Hawaii’s premier cultural event, promoting understanding, economic cooperation and ethnic harmony between the people of Hawaii and the Pacific Rim region. Each year, the Festival draws thousands of new and returning spectators who are looking for an experience beyond Hawaii.
- Through educational programs and activities sponsored by the Honolulu Festival Foundation, the Festival continues to successfully share the rich and vibrant blend of Asia, Pacific and Hawaiian cultures with the rest of the world.
- For more information on how you can make the Honolulu Festival a part of your spectacular Oahu vacation in March visit www.honolulufestival.com.
- What an awesome event for everyone visiting! Hurry and make your plans to be in paradise for the Honolulu Festival! You won’t regret it!
MUSIC, CONCERTS, ETC.
AN EVENING WITH CARLOS SANTANA – BLAISDELL ARENA
- Aloha Joe do I have some spectacular news!
- Carlos Santana and his band will be heading to the Aloha state next month for two spectacular shows. They’ll shake up the stage at Honolulu’s Blaisdell Arena on February 26 before igniting the Maui Arts & Cultural Center on February 28.
- The SantanaFanClub.com Store will be hosting Best Seat ticket presale for Honolulu on January 16 and for Maui on January 19, both beginning at 10 am local time.
- Anyone is welcome to participate in the presales, though Lifetime and Supernatural subscribers will receive priority seating for all tickets purchased through our Store.
- Delivered with a level of passion and soul equal to the iconic sonic charge of his guitar, the sound of CARLOS SANTANA is one of the world’s best-known musical signatures.
- From SANTANA’S earliest days as a ground-breaking Afro-Latin-blues-rock outfit bursting on the scene at Woodstock to the mega-chart topping collaboration of Supernatural —SANTANA has been the visionary force behind artistry that transcends musical genres and generational, cultural, and geographical boundaries.
- It is sure to the experience of a lifetime in paradise!!!!
- WOW sounds absolutely amazing! Hurry and book your ticket so that you can see Carlos Santana and his band perform in paradise next month!
RESTAURANTS REVIEWS – FOOD, DINNING, CUISINE, DRINKS ETC.
- Aloha Joe I know that we always talk about the newest up and coming restaurants but I wanted to remind your listeners of a timeless classic that is a true treasure in paradise.
- Chef/owner George Mavrothalassitis leads Mavro, a top-rated fine dining restaurant famous for innovative flavor combinations and food & wine pairings that will make your taste buds explode!
- Located at 1969 South King Street, Chef Mavro consistently partners with local farmers to offer menus dedicated to regional products from baby greens and tomatoes to vanilla and lavender.
- The menu changes periodically but at the moment Chef Mavro is featuring fresh perigord truffles – flown in from france!
- Chef Mavro is the only independently owned Hawaii restaurant to earn the American Automobile Association (AAA) Five Diamond status (2012 for 5th consecutive year), as well as the only Hawaii restaurant with Gayot Three Toques 18/20 rating and on their “Top 40 Restaurants in the U.S.”.
- Chef George Mavrothalassitis holds the prestigious James Beard award, considered the “Oscars” of the culinary world and is a founding member of the Hawaii Regional Cuisine.
- Visit the restaurant’s website www.chefmavro.com for more information and to watch a video of Chef Mavro preparing a signature recipe while standing in the waves of Waikiki!
- Open for dinner nightly. Reservations 6-9:30 p.m., closed Monday.
- Sounds absolutely amazing! Be sure to check out Chev Mavro on your next visit to the islands!
OBRHI FACEBOOK PAGE
- Aloha Joe if your listeners love being the first to know on all the wonderful events and concerts we talk about here, or if they want to see photos of what its like to live in paradise than long onto our facebook page and hit the like button!
- We feature photos of our luxurious properties, let our followers know about specials and talk about all the wonderful things they can discover in Hawaii!
- Hurry and become a facebook fan of OBRHI today and see what you’ve been missing!
DISTINCTIVE HOMES HAWAII
- And don’t forget to visit DHHRE.COM and check out our listing of some of the most fabulous homes on some of the most amazing property on the islands.
- The firm specializes in all types of luxury Hawaii real estate, from single-family residences to condos, townhomes and estate homes. We also represent the finest vacation rentals on the island. Whether you are searching for North Shore real estate or wish to list your property on the Waikiki real estate market, count on a firm that approaches every transaction with professionalism, integrity and discretion.
- There’s no better time than right now to make your dreams of living in Hawaii a reality.
- Log onto DHHRE.com today!