BUZZ AROUND TOWN
UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII FOOTBALL: WARRIORS VS. LAMAR CARDINALS
- Aloha Joe its time we all start seeing GREEN!
- This Saturday, September 15, 2012 from 6:00pm – 9:00pm everyone is invited to come out and wear their greens in support of the University of Hawaii Football Warriors as they play against the Lamar Cardinals!
- It’s the first home game of the season and we are all thrilled to bring our Warriors back to our Aloha stadium!
- With the new head Coach Norman Chow taking the helm this season we are looking forward to a great year!
- There will be tailgate parties, plenty of food, football fans and Warrior pride! All of Hawaii is excited for the new season!
- Hurry and book your ticket to Oahu so you can see the Warrior’s in action this college football season! You won’t regret it!
- Speaking of warriors, Aloha Joe we’ve all seen a Kung Fu movie once or twice in our lifetime but have you ever actually met a real Shaolin Warrior?
- Well if you are like me and you’ve heard of it and seen a few kung fu movies, boy do I have the event to transform those movies into real life!
- The Shaolin Warriors are returning to Honolulu for a full week of shows in this Year of the Dragon at The Hawaii Theatre, September 26 to 30, 2012.
- The Shaolin Warriors are 22 Buddhist masters from Shaolin Temple in China’s Henan Province, with an amazing spectacle of high-flying martial arts and acrobatics.
- Their 2012 show is called “Voices of the Masters”, and connects the balletic beauty and explosive strength of the modern Kung Fu monks with their historical teachers, demonstrating some of the timeless traditions of Kung Fu that have lasted through the centuries.
- Shaolin Warriors, Voices of the Masters is a full sensory theatrical experience; suitable for the whole family.
- Graceful maneuvering is the yin of the evening; unbelievable stunts provide the yang!
- For information on show times and tickets visit www.hawaiitheatre.com.
- WOW Kung Fu! Sounds like an amazing event in paradise! Hurry and book your ticket to Hawaii and maybe get to meet a Shaolin Warriors for yourself!
WINDWARD HOOLAULEA 2012
- Aloha Joe, we are heading into fall with block parties galore!
- On October 06, 2012 from 9:00am – 8:00pm the Windward Hoolaulea at Windward Community College will host its annual East side party for everyone to enjoy!
- Featuring top island entertainment, award-winning hula performances, unique crafts, ono ethnic food, keiki activities, a college-sponsored silent auction, educational and cultural demonstrations, community displays and more!
- The Hoolaulea has become one of the biggest community events on the Windward side of Oahu, with something for the whole family to appreciate!
- Proceeds from the 2012 Winddward Hoolaulea will help fund scholarships for WCC students and other WCC program support. It’s a community effort and a community party to celebrate the best of the East side!
- Sounds like another amazing family fun filled event in paradise! Hurry and book your ticket to Oahu in the fall and get in on all the family fun!
CONCERTS, MUSIC ETC.
THE DUKES OF SEPTEMBER RHYTHM REVUE
- Aloha Joe the line up of concerts that we have for fall is unlike any I have ever seen before in paradise!
- For example, on October 24 at the Blaidsell Concert Hall, Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriters Donald Fagen of Steely Dan fame; Michael McDonald from the Doobie Brothers; and legendary front-man Boz Scaggs will join forces and hit the stage as “The Dukes of September Rhythm Revue!”
- On stage together in Hawaii for the first time, it will be a night filled with audience favorites!
- Sure to be a show-stopping event each of these three artists has renowned vocals, a unique style, very successful solo careers, and enough hits to have their very own evening on stage! It’s a star-studded affair of music’s greats!
- Tickets range from $85-$149 at all ticketmaster outlets or online at www.ticketmaster.com.
- WOW! Sounds like a unforgettable concert in one of the most unforgettable places in the world!
DIAMOND HEAD BEACH HOTEL TRIP ADVISOR AWARD
- Aloha Joe your favorite hotel has been awarded!
- TripAdvisor is proud to congratulate Diamond Head Beach Hotel on earning the prestigious 2012 Certificate of Excellence award.
- Trip Advisor travelers consistently commend our property with the highest praise!
- Only the very best in the business are awarded a Certificate of Excellence from trip Advisor! And at Diamond Head Beach Hotel we offer nothing but the very best for our guests!