August 12, 2010
INTRO AND WEATHER
- Trade winds through the weekend will be in the 15 mph range from the East.
- We can expect WARM weather with partly cloudy skies and showers through Sunday.
- Temperatures in the higher 80’s and lower 90’s during the day, dropping to mid 70’s at night.
- Surf is expected to hit the South and East facing shores the biggest at 1-3 feet. North and West shores will fall in the flat to 1ft range. Looks like it’s a good weekend for swimming and snorkeling.
- Comfortable water temperature of 78 degrees.
THE JOY OF SAKE
- Historically Hawaii has always had strong influences with Asia and Asian culture.
- In acknowledgement of this cultural fusion the Honolulu Academy of Arts is hosting the Joy Of Sake on August 19 from 6-8:30.
- This year marks the tenth year of the Joy of Sake celebration, America’s largest sake celebration.
- On the menu there will be over 300 different sakes to taste and pair with tasting plates from Hawaii’s best restaurants.
- It is $80 per person or $150 per person for VIP seating.
- The event is the best platform to showcase sake and allow people to enjoy dinning and festivities!
2010 WAIKIKI HOOLAULEA
- Everyone is getting ready to go back to school and start planning for the winter months. But before we say goodbye to summer there are still some great festivities to enjoy!
- Celebrating its 58th year the, Hoolaulea, the largest block party on Oahu, will kick off on September 18 with the arrival of the Royal Court.
- On Kalakaua Avenue between Lewers & Kapahulu Avenues the theme this year will be Island Music.
- Multiple stages of entertainment, lots of food and lei vendors and hula crafters will be spread along 12 city blocks of the world famous Kalakaua strip.
- Admission is free. It’s an annual event sponsored by the Hawaii Tourism Authority so if you are planning your Hawaiian vacation for next summer be sure to book with us at our Diamond Head Beach ocean front hotel during September.
- It’s a block party you don’t want to miss!
- There is so much in Hawaii that you don’t want to miss! Even in our fall months!
- Hawaii’s most prestigious canoe race, The Molokai Hoe, will take place on October 10th across the treacherous Ka’iwi Channel.
- The Moloka’i Hoe perpetuates one of Hawaii’s and Polynesia’s most important and historic cultural traditions, while honoring outrigger canoe paddlers from around the world.
- The Molokai Hoe tests the limits of physical and mental strength and endurance, courage determination and teamwork, and paddlers must also battle nature’s most extreme elements.
- Each year over 1000+ paddlers from around the world compete in the Molokai Hoe, the men’s world championship in outrigger canoe racing. This year marks the Molokai Hoe’s 57th crossing.
- People in Hawaii really know how to party and how to stay active and healthy! It’s all about taking fun to the next level!
- All of this excitement and adventure and beauty, its no wonder that people have a special place in their hearts for Hawaii.
- Of course, that’s why Hawaii is the number 1 honeymoon destination in all of America.
- Newlyweds travel long distances to experience their dream of paradise.
- Hawaii’s exotic atmosphere and pristine nature offers them the option to relax in the sun, party at night, and be a part of the world’s most unforgettable events found no where else in the world.
- And at Ohana Beach Rentals Hawaii we have over 100 luxury estates and condos that would be perfect for newlyweds to escape into!
- You make everything sound so amazing! Paradise seems so close!
Ohana Beach Rentals Hawaii Contest
- Have we found a winner yet Warren?
- Yup! We wanted to be sure that we chose the best story to receive the best paradise has to offer.
- Just to remind the listeners the winner receives $500 OFF their next stay with us + $100 Ruth’s Chris gift certificate
- But you have to wait until Monday August 16th when we will have a special broadcast to reveal our lucky winner. You can still go to our facebook page and read all of the entries. We will announce the winner Monday morning so be sure to tune in!
- And for all you listeners, while the winter months slowing begin to creep up be sure to check out that HD Webcam from Ohana Beach Rentals Hawaii. The high quality pictures of surf and sun will definitely brighten up your day.
- And who knows, you might even catch a glimpse of our contest winners lounging on the beach or watching the gorgeous Hawaiian sunset with pina coladas in hand.
- Wouldn’t that be something! Log onto obrhi.com and click on the Webcam link to see live Hawaii footage daily from your own computer.