BUZZ AROUND TOWN
MADE IN HAWAII FESTIVAL
- Aloha Joe we in Hawaii love everything Hawaiian and this weekend is sure to be a blast for everyone in paradise!
- This Friday – Sunday, August 17-19 at the Blaisdell Exhibition Hall First Hawaiian Bank will present the 2012 Made in Hawaii Festival!
- A 3-day showcase of ONLY “Made in Hawaii” products, including food, books, art, gifts, fashions, plants, crafts, produce and so much more.
- Plus cooking demonstrations and ongoing entertainment throughout each day.
- This year will be the 18th Annual Festival, and promises to be another great experience for exhibitors, sponsors, buyers and consumers.
- Costs are $4 for entry and children 6 and under are FREE!
- WOW the Made in Hawaii festival sounds like an awesome event for visitors and locals alike! Hurry and book your ticket to paradise today so you can grab some Made in Hawaii goods for yourself!
WIKI WIKI ONE DAY VINTAGE COLLECTIBLES & HAWAIIANA SHOW
- Aloha Joe but don’t worry if you miss this Made in Hawaii event. You still have plenty of time to make it to the biggest Hawaiian collectibles show in the history of the world!
- The annual Fall Wiki Wiki One Day Vintage Collectibles & Hawaiiana Show is an all vintage (20 yrs & older) collectibles and antiques show and sale happening this October that you really have to see to believe!
- Guests will shop over ninety tables with vendors from Oahu, Outer Islands, and the Mainland U.S.
- This is Hawaii’s only strictly vintage show with no pre-sales to vendors and where Hawaiian pickers shop great buys in antiques, Hawaiiana, art, estate jewelry, vintage fashion, dolls, teddy bears, beads, gold & silver, ko furniture, kimonos, kitchenware, ukuleles, toys, kokeshi dolls, Mid-Century décor, Chinese & Japanese antiques, Mings jewelry, Niihau shell leis, lauhala hats, stamps, coins, shabby chic, Victorian, sportscards, Hawaiian Monarchy items, prints, textiles, postcards, aloha shirts, lighters and much much more!
- The list just goes on!
- The event takes place on October 07, 2012 10:30am – 4:30pm at the Neal Blaisdell Center with early Entry at 9:30 AM. For more information visit www.ukulele.com/wikiwiki.
- Hurry and plan now so that you can do your holiday shopping in paradise this year!
ALOHA FESTIVALS – 2012 OPENING CEREMONY
- Aloha Joe, we are getting very close to one of the biggest events of the year in paradise!
- The Aloha Festivals is Hawai’i’s premier cultural showcase, a celebration of Hawai’i’s music, dance and history intended to preserve the unique island traditions.
- All are invited to explore and find out what makes Hawaii so special and to foster the Aloha Spirit through the perpetuation of the Hawaiian culture and the celebration of the diverse customs and traditions of Hawai’i”.
- Below is a list of the key events that will occur during this month long celebration!
- 12 Royal Court Investiture Thursday, September 6, 2012, 3:00 pm Hilton Hawaiian Village Traditional chant and hula highlight this annual event as the 2012 Alii receive their royal symbols of reign during ceremonies on the grounds of the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Free admission.
- 2012 Opening Ceremony Thursday, September 6, 2012, 5:00 pm Royal Hawaiian Center, Royal Grove This ceremony marks the official beginning of the 2012 Aloha Festivals event on Oahu. Traditional hula and chant introduce our Royal Court on the grounds of the Royal Hawaiian Center’s Royal Grove. Free admission.
- 2012 Waikiki Hoolaulea Saturday, September 15, 2012, 7:00pm On Kalakaua Avenue between Lewers & Kapahulu Avenues Celebrating its 60th year and the 2012 theme of Ho’onui Ike, the largest block party will kick off with the arrival of the Royal Court. Multiple stages of entertainment, lots of food, lei vendors and hawaiian crafters will be spread along the world famous Kalakaua Avenue. Free admission.
- 2012 Aloha Festivals Floral Parade Saturday, September 22, 2012, 9:00am From Ala Moana Park, along Kalakaua Avenue to Kapiolani Park A colorful equestrian procession of female and male pau riders, extravagant floats with cascades of Hawaiian flowers, hula Halau and marching bands will brighten Kalakaua Avenue from Ala Moana Park to Kapiolani Park. This is a “must see” event! Free admission.
- WOW! This month long celebration is perfect for anyone wanting to discover the true beauty and culture of Hawaii! Hurry and book your tickets to paradise today!
- It is definitely an event you will never forget!
NEW CLUBS, HIP VENUES NIGHTLIFE ETC.
THE REPUBLIK OPENS IN HONOLULU
- Aloha Joe as you already know Oahu is one of the most happening places in the world! Our nightlife and hip venue scene is unbelievable and the party just keeps getting better and better!
- For instance the Republik, Hawaii’s newest concert venue, is celebrating its grand opening with a kickoff event this Saturday, August 18, 2012 followed by a week of must see concerts.
- Open to the public from 9:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m., for those 21 and over, the opening launches the most talked about venue in the state!
- The Republik is not only designed for concerts and comedy shows but will also be available for private events, fundraisers, and national and local art exhibits.
- The Republik will also be open to top local promoters in Hawaii to ensure a full entertainment schedule year-round. Although the main entertainment space will only be open for special occasions and concerts, the Safehouse, a 2,000 square foot bar/lounge within the venue will offer an outlet for guests to enjoy the space six days a week.
- Open from Monday through Saturday 6 pm – 2 am, the Safehouse houses its own bar and kitchen and will open in conjunction with the grand opening on August 18 and will begin regular business on Monday, August 20!
- The Safehouse menu is created by Chef Abraham Jazmin formerly of the Cabanas Seaside Bar & Grill at the former Kahala Mandarin Oriental and owner of Tiki Truck part of the food truck revolution that started in 2011.
- EVERYONE IS SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW HOT SPOT IN HONOLULU!
- Be sure to check out the new Republik the next time you are in paradise! You won’t regret it!
DIAMOND HEAD BEACH HOTEL TRIP ADVISOR AWARD
- Aloha Joe your favorite hotel has been awarded!
- TripAdvisor is proud to congratulate Diamond Head Beach Hotel on earning the prestigious 2012 Certificate of Excellence award.
- Trip Advisor travelers consistently commend our property with the highest praise!
- Only the very best in the business are awarded a Certificate of Excellence from trip Advisor! And at Diamond Head Beach Hotel we offer nothing but the very best for our guests!