September 30, 2010
INTRO AND WEATHER
- Trade winds will be light in the 12mph range from the South and South East.
- Expect WARM weather with light showers and partly cloudy skies this weekend.
- Temperatures will be in the mid 80’s during the day, dropping to low 70’s at night. More rain is expected as we get ready for the fall and winter seasons in the islands.
- SURF IS UP!! THE NORTH SWELLS HAVE FINALLY BEGUN TO ROLL IN. We are expecting 10-20 ft for North facing shores. West side in the 8-12 ft. range, while South Shores range in the 3-5 ft. and the smallest of the swells on the East Coast at 1-3ft. EXPECT MORE SWELLS AS WE GET FURTHER AND FURTHER INTO THE WINTER MONTHS.
- Here we are Aloha Joe, the last week of September! You know what that means, FIRST FRIDAYS, in Downtown Chinatown!
- Every first Friday of the month Downtown, Honolulu turns into a huge block party of artists, musicians, street performers, Hawaii’s latest fashion trends and more!
- Bars and clubs in the area offer specialty drink specials, performances by local and national DJ’s and musicians, mixers for artists, comedy shows, fashion shows, you name it!
- First Fridays has become a world-renowned event that everyone from all ages and demographics in Hawaii enjoys!
- The block party is FREE to the public while door prices at the surrounding bars and restaurants vary. The block party goes on from 6pm to 10pm but the bars and restaurants stay open until 2am.
- It’s definitely safe to say that if you’re in Hawaii during the first Friday of the month than you’re definitely in luck for a great party!
MORIMOTO RESTAURANT IN WAIKIKI
- Aloha Joe, one of the many wonderful things about Hawaii is the amazing food and World Class chefs that feature fusion cuisine unlike nowhere else in the world. Soon we will be adding another extraordinary restaurant to the list.
- Japanese chef Masaharu Morimoto — known to fans around the world from the TV shows “Iron Chef” and “Iron Chef America” — is making advanced preparations for his newest restaurant, Morimoto Waikiki, scheduled to open this fall in the new Edition Hotel.
- Morimoto said he’s looking forward to working with locally-grown ingredients and incorporating themes of sustainability into his Waikiki operations.
- The Waikiki restaurant will be Morimoto’s sixth since 2001, following locations in Philadelphia, New York City, Florida and two in India.
- The setting and atmosphere of the restaurant will be nothing shy of first class. It will be an amazing venue that we will keep you and all your listeners up to date on.
- AND DON’T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE FOOD! Nothing short of spectacular Morimoto offers an amazing selection of fish, meat, traditional and fusion cuisine.
- Their chocolate Peanut Bombe dessert features bruleed bananas, avocado anglaise, and spiced chocolate ice cream.
- Chef Morimoto will be a great addition to the nightlife and fine cuisine Oahu has to offer.
- Aloha Joe have you ever gotten the chance to experience HALLOWEEN in Hawaii? Well if you have never been to the islands for the famous spooky night then you better start booking your flight now!
- Hawaii has always gone over the top with their Halloween celebrations for the entire month of October and this year is going to be no exception.
- Starting off the festivities with a scare is Nightmares Live, Hawaii’s premier haunted house, beginning October 1st and running through the entire month on select dates.
- Tickets are $10 pre-sale.
- This year they will be transforming the old abandoned warehouse at 805 Ala Moana Blvd into a living horror movie.
- Sounds like a scary good time!
JUSTIN BEIBER IN CONCERT
- It seems that the Bieber fever that has been sweeping the nation has reached the islands as well!
- After a sensational SOLD OUT first leg of tour, JUSTIN BIEBER sets two unforgettable nights IN HONOLULU AT THE BLAISDELL ARENA!
- Teenage heartthrob Justin Bieber, who is 16, has sold over 5 million albums worldwide. MY WORLD, which earned RIAA platinum in just a few short weeks, contained Justin’s first four Top 40 hits on the Hot 100.
- The announcement of the concert set out a frenzy of excitement among teenage girls at the box offices as parents rushed to get tickets to the famous pop star. The show is sure to be a top -notch performance and has all the teenage girls swooning.
- Hawaii is extremely excited to welcome such a young and talented star to the island!
UH WARRIOR FOOTBALL
- This past weekend the Warrior football team took home another victory against Charleston Southern with a huge 66-7 WIN!
- Warrior players are optimistic about the season and hope that the momentum and encouragement from the Hawaii fans will help them through their game against Louisiana Tech this Saturday.
- We will be sure to keep you up to date on all the news!
- Aloha Stadium, the home of the Warriors, is a great place to watch all the live home games. The UH colors grace the bleachers and fans go WILD for their Warriors!
HAWAII TIDBIT – SURFING
- Aloha Joe we are just one month away from the world famous Triple Crown of Surfing Contest that will take place on the North Shore of Oahu.
- Beginning in the month of November and running through December, the North Shore of Oahu, turns into the Mecca of surfing as the huge winter swells roll in.
- Surfing has always been a major water sport in the islands as historians date the first records of surfing to the Hawaiian people in the late 1700’s.
- Captain Cook’s journals on his voyages to Hawaii often contained pages dedicated to descriptions of surfing, or wave riding, in detail.
- Hawaiian kings and chiefs took to riding the waves as a royal sport to showcase their talent and skill.
- Surfers were renowned among the community as skilled watermen and were regarded as celebrities.
- To this day spectators still marvel at the amazing force and beauty of the ocean and the culture that helped create such an amazing sport.
- Ohana Beach Rentals Hawaii has NEW LUXURY SPECIALS FOR THE WINTER SEASON
- The Surfer’s Paradise studio located at the Diamond Head Beach Hotel on the 4th floor on Oahu’s Gold Coast IS NOW STARTING AT $80 A NIGHT!.
- It has a balcony overlooking Kapiolani Park that is a perfect place to relax and watch people walk, jog or bike by.
- As one of the larger studios, this suite has a very spacious and comfortable feel. It has been recently decorated with light woods and island prints. A balcony with treetop and park views gives you that extra bit of outdoor space to relax and enjoy some fresh air and cool island breezes.
- Log onto obrhi.com NOW and click on SPECIALS to view this and other Luxury Rentals from Ohana Beach Rentals Hawaii.
- Hurry now and book with Ohana Beach Rentals Hawaii! Visit www.obrhi.com and view the Waikiki area. You won’t regret it!
- Listeners can still log onto our LIVE HD HAWAII WEBCAM situated on our Diamond Head Beach hotel.
- You have 180-degree angles of the best surf spots on Oahu’s south shore to control as you wish.
- Check out the swell rolling in this weekend and see skilled surfers rip it up on the South Shores famous surf breaks.
- Log onto obrhi.com to see for yourself! IT’S FUN AND FREE!
- and just another way to be one step closer to paradise!